15 Oct 1915
Warrant Armourers - Pay
And whereas by Your Majesty's Order in Council bearing date the 8th August, 1911, it is provided that the rates of pay for Warrant Armourers, shall be as follows, viz. :
- On promotion - 7s. 0d. a day.
- After 5 years - 8s. 6d. a day.
- After 10 years - 10s. 0d. a day.
And whereas. we consider that the minimum rate of pay of these Officers should be improved
We beg leave humbly to recommend that Your Majesty may be graciously pleased, by. Your Order in Council, to approve of the minimum rate of pay of Warrant Armourers being increased to 7s. 6d. a day as from the 8th day of September, 1915.
18 Aug 1916
Establishment of Commissioned Armourer
And whereas Your Majesty was graciously pleased, by Your Order in Council bearing date the 13th October, 1910, to extend the opportunity of obtaining Warrant Rank to then Armourer Branch of Your Majesty's Fleet:
And whereas we consider that Commissioned Warrant Rank should be open to the Armourer Branch:
We beg leave humbly to recommend that Your Majesty may be graciously pleased, by Your Order in Council, to sanction the establishment of such Rank accordingly, under the conditions set forth in the annexed Schedule.
The Lords Commissioners of Your Majesty's Treasury have signified their concurrence in this proposal.
- Commissioned Warrant Rank to be established with the title of `Commissioned Armourer.'
- The scale of pay to be as follows: On promotion 11s. a day, with subsequent biennial increments of 6d, a day, to a maximum of 13s. a day.
- Pensions, Pensions for Hurts and Wounds, Widows' Pensions, and Compassionate Allowances to Children to be granted on the scales laid down for, and under the conditions applicable to, Chief Artificer Engineers.
^ back to top ^